1. Stuck inside the box?—Looking at redecorating your living room? Instead of sticking with the traditional squared sofa and squared rug, try something with a rounded edge. A large circle rug with a rounded sofa will five your living room some funky flavor.
2. Looking Bland?—Do you have any rooms in your home that are a little too bland? Cream couch, white walls, beige rug? Try throwing a little color in there to spice it up! Bright reds and greens will add an awesome pop to your bland room and bring life to your living space like you wouldn’t believe.
3. Feeling Bold?—Try something a little crazy next time you’re thinking about painting. Painting your wall a bright color like red will add a sense of excitement and audacity to your room. Bold walls bring contemporary living to a whole new level. Most modern furnishings are easy to match with bold colors, so don’t worry about finding furniture and accessories to match your walls.
4. A little cramped?—If you have a small living space try keeping your walls and furniture to light shades. This will give your room a much larger appearance.
5. Looking for Green?—If you are trying to think green, try using Bamboo wherever possible. Not only is Bamboo one of the fastest growing plants in the world, but is also incredibly durable and wonderfully trendy right now. Bamboo is great to use in furniture, flooring and in blinds.
6. A Little Shy?—Feeling a little shy with your color choice? Try painting a small area, like a hallway, with your new color and see how you like it; if you don’t, you can always prime and paint over it!
7. Need something with class?—Trying to add a little class to your home? A chandelier is a great way to add a classy look to almost any room. Chandeliers come in many shapes and sizes. You can get chandeliers that fit with everything from a super modern décor to a very ornate and complex décor.
8. Feeling Funky?—Try adding a funky piece of furniture into a simple room to add a little interest and design. A fun shaped table or a novelty chair is a great conversation starter.
9. Need a Little Nature?—This year a major trend in the decorating world is the use of nature. This includes using patterns of nature like trees and flowers, but also using natural materials like hemp for upholstery and other furniture. You can search online for some trendy ideas of how to incorporate nature into you home.