NEDC is looking for talent!
We are one of Boston’s top Design-Build companies. We custom design and build award-winning residential remodels for discerning homeowners who want to see the vision of their ideal home realized.
Do you have something special to add to the team? Feel free to send us your resume or portfolio.
Construction Project Manager
New England Design & Construction is looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager to join our growing team. This position is responsible for overseeing 2-4 high-end residential remodeling projects and will be managing subcontractors as well as a team carpenter.
The job of the Project Manager is to execute high-quality construction projects that are completed on time and budget, all while maintaining the quality of life of our clients.
Some of the skills required for the job are:
· Excellent organizational skills
· Ability to read and interpret construction documents and specifications
· Familiarity with materials, methods and building codes utilized in residential construction, with at least 5 years of construction field experience
· Must be self-motivated and willing to follow a successful system
· Professional attitude with a desire to deliver a high-quality result
· Ability to manage clients, subcontractors, carpenters and vendors
· Ability to manage a budget and time schedule commitments
· Strong communication skills
· Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record and own vehicle
· Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Project Management applications
NEDC offers health insurance, company-matched Simple IRA, PTO, annual bonus based on company results, some job and certification training, and a fast-paced, inspiring company culture.
Job Type: Full-time, starting salary
Salary: $60,000 to $80,000/year depending on experience.
NEDC is seeking an experienced residential architectural designer to join our Design Team! We are one of Boston’s leading Architectural Design-Build firms with a focus on custom sustainable high-end and luxury home design and remodeling projects. At New England Design & Construction we design and build award-winning residential projects for discerning homeowners who want to see the vision of their ideal home realized.
This position requires an ability to see a project through from start to finish, working directly with the client to understand their vision. Gathering data, taking field measurements and creating as-builts are the initial steps. With full data collected, the next phase is to translate the existing conditions and the homeowner’s needs and vision to schematics that wow them with beautiful and innovative design. The designer then develops these ideas with detailed floor plans, elevations, structural designs and a full finish schedule of selections. Once approved and in-budget, the designs are then worked out into full CDs to turn over to our Construction Team.
The ability to create a full set of construction documents using AutoCAD is a MUST. Ideal candidate will have a strong architectural background with an eye for Interior design.
If you value the challenge of creating inspiring residential remodeling designs that solve a client’s space problems and enjoy the satisfaction of seeing your design projects come to life through as part of a dynamic team–then this job might be for you.
Please send resume with cover letter and work samples.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $70,000/year
Benefits: Health Insurance, SIMPLE IRA, PTO, annual bonus based on company results
· AutoCAD and Sketchup: 5 years (Required), Revit a plus
· 3-5 years residential design experience (Required)
· Familiarity with residential building and zoning codes (Required)
· Ability to coordinate designs with site surveyors and structural engineers (Required)
· Build experience a plus
· Bachelor’s in Architecture (Preferred)