Do you find yourself wishing you had a more open design in your kitchen? Longing for modern appliances and features that look great and make cooking easier? A kitchen remodel from New England Design & Construction could be just what you’re looking for!
Kitchen remodels can improve the functionality and livability of your home. They also provide you with a central place in your home to host guests and act as a hub for your family.
At New England Design & Construction, our team delivers kitchens Boston homeowners love. Our efficient, responsible, and accountable concept-to-completion design-build process results in dream spaces realized on-time and on-budget.
“Without question this is a 5-star organization. Quality people, quality workmanship, and outstanding customer service. NEDC is simply the best at what they do. Trust your home and any improvements you want to NEDC.”
– Bill P.
Request your complimentary design consultation
Call us at (617) 708-0676 or contact us
The Architectural Design Process for Kitchen Remodels
At New England Design & Construction, we deliver an inclusive architectural design and remodeling process. Our team’s philosophy delivers your unique vision in a stress-free and enjoyable process with amazing results.
Our team of remodeling experts are there every step of the way, ensuring everything goes smoothly. Plus, we’ll consider any needed permits or legal requirements for your kitchen remodel during the design and construction phases of your kitchen remodel.
Our process follows a proven 8-step design-build method:
1. Space evaluation – We’ll examine and document your existing space and its architecture, providing a canvas to fully execute your vision.
2. Design development – With collaboration from you, our team will offer suggestions and solutions for developing the perfect historic house plans, architectural plans, and design drawings, including the following:
Existing Architectural Documentation
Architectural Floor Plan Drawings
Architectural Elevation Drawings
Architectural Detail Sketches
Structural Design Drawings
Interior Design Boards
3. Historical cohesion – We’ll work with local historical societies to ensure the design conforms to the historical style of the neighborhood
4. Photo-realistic renderings – We’ll sketch the details and produce photorealistic renderings of your new space, allowing you to visualize your reimagined home before construction even begins
5. Materials selection – In collaboration with you, we’ll pick out all the materials needed for your remodeling project. We’ll create an itemized summary before construction begins so you know exactly what everything will cost.
6. Pre-construction consultation – You’ll meet with the production team and your project manager to cover key information and discuss lines of communication
7. Weekly meetings with you – Through the duration of the project you’ll meet with your project manager weekly so they can cover any coordination points and answer questions
8. Final walk through and wrap up – Upon completion of the project, we’ll walk through your new place with you and note any finishing touches. After a few weeks, we’ll come back to garner feedback and provide a project binder containing important documents and information you’ll need in the future.
9. Warranty – Finally, in accordance with our 2-year service warranty, we’ll contact you periodically to ensure you’re happy and satisfied
Our attention-to-detail and meticulous planning allows us to control your kitchen remodel budget with pinpoint precision. While the standard project cost change rate with other firms is 11%-15%.
At NEDC, our average budget change rate is just 3% once the project has been started.
See Our Architectural Design Process in Action
Dorchester Kitchen Remodel
We transformed this cramped kitchen into a culinary oasis. We helped these active homeowners by creating hanging bike storage and a lockable back-entry into the condo. We also built a number of features for the owner’s 2 beloved cats, including a custom cat drawer with a litter box and a specialized trash area to make clean-up a snap!
Other features include:
- • Pull out beverage cooler
- • Multiple under-counter ovens
- • Under-counter microwave
- • Pop-up outlets on the oversized island
- • Kitchen wide hang-storage system
- • Custom painted backsplash
- • Under-counter cat food station
See the entire kitchen remodel
Why Choose NEDC for your Boston Kitchen Remodel?
New England Design and Construction (NEDC) is Boston’s most trusted architectural design and remodeling firm. Located in the heart of Boston, we serve the entire Greater Boston area.
Our design-build firm specializes in:
- • Architectural design
- • Whole home remodeling
- • Home additions
- • Kitchen remodeling
- • Master suite remodeling
Through meticulous planning and strong attention-to-detail, our team creates bright, beautiful, and functional spaces you and your family will enjoy for years to come.
Meet Our Team
“NEDC is a great choice for a busy working professional. They accommodated my schedule for design appointments and took the time to understand my goals. I felt very comfortable with the lead carpenter and subcontractors and appreciated their focus on minimizing disruption to my condo unit and building. Additionally, their focus on client satisfaction/feedback and continuous improvement is refreshing. Although renovating is not always fun, NEDC helps to make it worth the time, effort, and cost.”
– Liz M.
Experience Award-Winning Architectural Design
“New England Design and Construction finished the project on budget and two days early! I was in my new kitchen for Mother’s Day. Every time I step into the kitchen, I am thankful for New England Design and Construction for making my dream become reality. My husband and I can both be in the kitchen, and not be on top of each other! I highly recommend New England Design and Construction, and look forward to hiring them for my next dream project.”
– Stephanie W.
Ready to reimagine your historic New England home?
Call (617) 708-0676 or contact us for your free in-home consultation