Unsure of where to start when building your dream home in Belmont? The design team at New England Design & Construction is here to help! Our experts help imagine, design, and construct spaces that align with your tastes and complement your lifestyle.
We’ve built an expert team of architects and designers who work collaboratively to deliver incredible results with our proven design-build process. Our team is known throughout the Boston area for their ability to deliver plans and designs that are built on-time and on-budget. We’re dedicated to creating your perfect space.
When partnering with NEDC for your Belmont home remodel, you can rest easy knowing that you’re working with an experienced team focused on fully realizing your vision.
Let’s bring your dream home to life.
“We had a great experience with NEDC. If anything went awry, they resolved it immediately. They worked with me constantly to make sure everything was to my liking. Great company from design to finish.”
C.E. Arlington, MA
Request your complimentary design consultation today.
Call us at (617) 708-0676 or contact us.
Belmont Architectural Design Process
Our architectural design philosophy is simple:
- • Teamwork is the key to creating better spaces and providing our clients with stress-free remodels.
- • Your finished space should deliver on your initial vision and exceed your expectations.
- • Most importantly, remodeling your home should be an enjoyable experience — stress-free, inspiring, and fun!
How do we do it? By being by your side throughout the entire process. From initial conception all the way through completion, we’ll be managing the details and making sure nothing ever goes overlooked.
Our meticulous planning and attention to detail gives us complete control over your project’s budget. While other design-build firms have project cost change rates of 11%-15% throughout the building process, NEDC’s average project cost change rate is less than 3% once construction is started.
We follow a proven 8-step design-build process to accomplish this:
1. Home evaluation – We’ll examine and document your existing space and architecture, providing us with a blank canvas to fully execute your vision.
2. Design development – We’ll work directly with you, offering suggestions and solutions for creating the perfect house plans, architectural designs, and drawings, including:
3. Photo-realistic renderings – We take our sketches and turn them into photorealistic renderings to give you a way to visualize your new space before construction even begins.
4. Materials selection – Together, we’ll select the materials necessary for your remodeling project. An itemized summary provided before construction begins lets you know exactly what everything will cost.
5. Pre-construction consult – You’ll meet with our production team and your project manager to review key information and discuss the best ways to communicate during construction.
6. Weekly meetings – You’ll meet with your project manager every week to catch up on progress and get answers to your questions.
7. Final walk through and wrap up – After construction is complete, we’ll walk through your new space and note any finishing touches needed to make the space perfect. After a few weeks, we’ll come back to get your feedback and provide you with a project binder containing all the important documents and warranty information you’ll need.
8. Warranty – Finally, in accordance with our 2-year service warranty, we’ll contact you regularly to make sure you’re loving your remodeled home.
See Our Architectural Design Process in Action
Belmont Area Kitchen and Solarium Remodel
For this project, we opened up the space by combining the kitchen and solarium areas and reconfiguring the adjacent dining room. The finishes and design style chosen here include modern cabinets and finishes with warm touches from reclaimed white oak details, as seen in the custom L shaped banquette, breakfast nook, and island bar.
This remodel required significant demolition and structural work to achieve the open space feel, including re-framing the solarium area and redistributing the structural load from a hidden column. The new solarium configuration provides a more natural connection between the indoors and outdoors.
Why Choose NEDC for your Belmont Home Remodel?
New England Design and Construction (NEDC) is Belmont’s trusted architectural design and remodeling firm. We’re located in the heart of Boston, and serve the entire Greater Boston area, including Belmont.
As an award-winning design-build firm, we specialize in:
- • Architectural design and home additions
- • Whole home remodeling
- • Kitchen remodeling
- • Bedroom remodeling
Through meticulous planning and a strong attention-to-detail, we take pride in creating bright, beautiful, and functional spaces you and your family will enjoy for years to come.
Experience Award-Winning Architectural Design
See our full award history!
“The designers have really worked with us to entertain many different ideas to get as close to what we want within the constraints of the building, and advising on different things we didn’t even know were possible. The resulting designs have been beautiful and we feel very positive we’re creating a home we want to live in for many years to come.”
M.C. Somerville, MA