Your dream home in Cambridge starts with New England Design & Construction’s expert architectural design team. We’ll help you imagine, design, and construct a space that complements your lifestyle and speaks to your tastes.
Our expert team of architects and designers work hand-in-hand to deliver bespoke projects that homeowners love. Using our proven design-build process, we’re known for delivering plans and designs that will be built on-time and on-budget. We’re committed to creating your perfect space.
NEDC always puts your personal goals at the forefront of the design process so we can create a perfect, expertly-crafted space around your lifestyle. Whether you need a home addition, a whole house remodel, or just a touch-up to a few rooms, our Cambridge architectural design and remodeling experts are here to help.
With New England Design & Construction as your partner for your Cambridge home remodel, you’ll have a team that’s solely focused on bringing your vision to life.
“We had a great experience with NEDC. If anything went awry, they resolved it immediately. They worked with me constantly to make sure everything was to my liking. Great company from design to finish.”
– C.E. Arlington, MA
Request your complimentary design consultation
Call us at (617) 708-0676 or contact us
Cambridge Architectural Design Process
Our architectural design philosophy is simple:
- • Teamwork creates beautiful spaces and a stress-free remodeling experience.
- • Your finished space should deliver on your initial vision and exceed your expectations.
- • Most importantly, remodeling your home should be an enjoyable and empowering experience — stress-free, inspiring, and FUN!
We’re able to achieve all of our goals by being there for you throughout the process, from initial conception through completion. Every detail is handled by our team — from architectural renderings to construction — so that nothing goes overlooked and the result is perfect.
All of this meticulous planning and attention to detail gives us the ability to accurately control your project’s budget. While other design-build firms and contractors have project cost change rates of 15-20%, NEDC’s average project cost change rate is less than 2% once construction has started.
We follow a proven 8-step design-build process to accomplish this:
1. Home evaluation – We’ll examine and document your existing space and its architecture. This provides us with a blank canvas to fully execute your vision.
2. Design development – We’ll work directly with you, offering suggestions and solutions to create the perfect house plans, architectural designs, and drawings, including:
Existing Architectural Documentation
Architectural Floor Plan Drawings
Architectural Elevation Drawings
Architectural Detail Sketches
Structural Design Drawings
Interior Design Boards
3. Photo-realistic renderings – We take our sketches and turn them into photorealistic renderings. This gives you a way to visualize your new space before construction starts.
4. Materials selection – Together, we’ll select the right materials for your remodeling project. An itemized summary provided before we start construction gives you a crystal-clear picture of exactly what everything will cost.
5. Pre-construction consult – You’ll meet with our production team and your project manager to review key information and discuss the best ways to communicate during construction.
6. Weekly meetings – You’ll meet with your project manager every week to synch on progress and get answers to all of your questions.
7. Final walk through and wrap up – After construction is complete, we’ll walk through your new space and note any finishing touches. A few weeks after the project has been completed, we’ll come back to get your feedback. We’ll also provide you with a project binder containing all the important documents and warranty information you’ll need.
8. Warranty – Finally, in accordance with our 3-year service warranty, we’ll contact you regularly to make sure you’re loving your remodeled home.
See Our Architectural Design Process in Action
Kitchen and Solarium Remodel in Cambridge
During this Cambridge remodel, we opened up and combined the kitchen and solarium areas, and reconfigured the adjacent dining room. The finishes and design style chosen here included modern cabinets and finishes, while incorporating warm touches from reclaimed white oak details, as seen in the custom L shaped banquette, breakfast nook, and island bar.
Major demolition and structural work was completed to achieve the open space, including re-framing the solarium area and redistributing the structural load from a hidden column. The new solarium configuration provides a more natural connection between the indoors and outdoors.
See more photos
Why Choose NEDC for your Cambridge Home Remodel?
New England Design and Construction (NEDC) is Cambridge’s trusted architectural design and remodeling firm. We’re located in the heart of Boston and serve the entire Greater Boston area, including Cambridge.
As an award-winning design-build firm, we specialize in:
- • Architectural design and home additions
- • Whole home remodeling
- • Kitchen remodeling
- • Bedroom remodeling
Through meticulous planning and a strong attention-to-detail, we take pride in creating bright, beautiful, and functional spaces you and your family will enjoy for years to come.
Meet our team
“The designers have really worked with us to entertain many different ideas to get as close to what we want within the constraints of the building, and advising on different things we didn’t even know were possible. The resulting designs have been beautiful and we feel very positive we’re creating a home we want to live in for many years to come.”
– M.C. Somerville, MA
Experience Award-Winning Architectural Design
Ready to reimagine your Cambridge home?
Call (617) 708-0676 or contact us for your free in-home consultation