At New England Design & Construction, we specialize in designing spaces in Chestnut Hill that utilize timeless style to create homes that fit with modern lifestyles.
We deliver an efficient, responsible, and accountable experience from concept to completion. Our architects are experts in designing spaces that are built on-time and on-budget – they’ve been doing it for years!
When you choose NEDC for your Chestnut Hill home remodel, you’re choosing an architectural design partner who will listen to your vision and goals to achieve our mission: creating a perfect, expertly-crafted space you’ll love for decades. Whether you’re looking to remodel your entire home, add space with a home addition, or remodel a couple rooms, our Chestnut Hill architectural design and remodeling experts are here to help.
“New England Design & Construction turned my screened-in-porch into a beautiful family room. It is now the favorite room in my house. They are all very helpful, knowledgeable and professional. I highly recommend them to anyone who is thinking of renovating or adding on to their home.”
– The Goldsmith Family
Request your complimentary design consultation
Call us at (617) 708-0676 or contact us
Chestnut Hill Architectural Design Process
We practice inclusive architectural design at New England Design & Construction. Our focus is on delivering your vision in a stress-free way that lets you enjoy the process. Our design and remodeling team will be with you the entire time to make sure all the details are taken care of throughout the entire project.
We want your vision to be fully realized when we finished the remodeling project.
Our painstaking planning process lets us control your Chestnut Hill home remodeling project’s budget with pinpoint precision. Other design-build firms have project cost change rates of 11%-15%. At NEDC, our average budget change rate is just 3% once your project has been started!
Our process follows a proven 8-step design-build process:
1. Space evaluation – We’ll examine and document your existing space and its architecture, providing a canvas to fully execute your vision
2. Design development – In collaboration with you, our team will offer suggestions and solutions for developing the perfect house plans, architectural plans, and design drawings, including the following:
Architectural Floor Plan Drawings
Architectural Elevation Drawings
Structural Design Drawings
Interior Design Boards
3. Photo-realistic renderings – We’ll sketch the details and produce photorealistic renderings of your new space, giving you a visualization of your new space before construction even begins
4. Materials selection – Working closely with you, we’ll pick out the materials necessary for your remodeling project. We’ll create an itemized summary before construction begins so you know exactly what everything will cost.
5. Pre-construction consultation – You’ll meet with the production team and your project manager to cover key information and discuss lines of communication
6. Weekly meetings with you – You’ll meet with your project manager on a weekly basis so they can cover any coordination points and answer questions
7. Final walk through and wrap up – Upon completion of the project, we’ll walk through your new place with you and note any finishing touches. After a few weeks, we’ll come back to get feedback and provide you with a project binder containing all the important documents and information you’ll need in the future.
8. Warranty – Finally, in accordance with our 2-year service warranty, we’ll contact you periodically to ensure you’re happy and satisfied
See Our Architectural Design Process in Action
First Floor Remodel in the Newton Area
For this Chestnut Hill-area first floor remodel, we converted 4 small and closed-off rooms into one open living area. The open kitchen and dining areas now flow seamlessly into the living space, with the kitchen also opening up to a brand new large deck.
View more photos
Master Bathroom Remodel in Chestnut Hill
For this Chestnut Hill bathroom remodel, the homeowners wanted a serene space where they could unwind after work. To mimic the outdoor shower of their home of the Cape and bring the outdoors inside, we added teak to the wet area of the shower and a skylight to bring in natural light. We added a custom vanity and linen closet to achieve length and large format porcelain faux Calacatta Gold tile to add to the elegance of the bathroom.
View more photos
Why Choose NEDC for your Chestnut Hill Home Remodel?
New England Design and Construction (NEDC) is Chestnut Hill’s most trusted architectural design and remodeling firm. We’re located in the heart of Boston, serving the entire Chestnut Hill and Greater Boston area.
Our design-build firm specializes in:
- • Architectural design and home additions
- • Whole home remodeling
- • Kitchen remodeling
- • Bedroom remodeling
Through meticulous planning and a strong attention-to-detail, our team creates bright, beautiful, and functional spaces you and your family will enjoy for years to come.
Meet Our Team
“New England Design and Construction finished the project on budget and two days early! I was in my new kitchen for Mother’s Day. Every time I step into the kitchen, I am thankful for New England Design and Construction for making my dream become reality. My husband and I can both be in the kitchen, and not be on top of each other! I highly recommend New England Design and Construction, and look forward to hiring them for my next dream project.”
– Stephanie W.
Experience Award-Winning Architectural Design
“The people and staff of NEDC are the best. Because of these quality people the execution of the project and the needed communications are exemplary.”
– M. P.
Ready to reimagine your Chestnut Hill home?
Call (617) 708-0676 or contact us for your free in-home consultation