At New England Design & Construction, we specialize in creating beautifully functional and award-winning spaces for Jamaica Plain homeowners while providing a five-star customer experience.
Our concept-to-completion process is focused on providing you with an efficient, responsible, and accountable experience. You’ll love our ability to listen to your vision and goals to create a fresh, well constructed space where your family can flourish for decades to come.
Whether you want to remodel your entire home or are interested in a home addition, our Jamaica Plain architectural and design experts are here to help.
“NEDC is a great choice for a busy working professional. They accommodated my schedule for design appointments and took the time to understand my goals. I felt very comfortable with the lead carpenter and subcontractors and appreciated their focus on minimizing disruption to my condo unit and building. Additionally, their focus on client satisfaction/feedback and continuous improvement is refreshing. Although renovating is not always fun, NEDC helps to make it worth the time, effort, and cost.” – Liz M.
Request your complimentary design consultation
Call us at (617) 708-0676 or contact us
Jamaica Plain Architectural Design Process
Here at NEDC, we take an inclusive approach to architectural design in Jamaica Plain. We’re focused on ensuring your vision is fully realized and have a reputation for making the entire remodeling process extremely stress-free, easy, and enjoyable.
Your architectural design and remodeling team will take care of every little detail from start to finish. This meticulous planning allows us to set a more controlled budget for your project. In fact, while the average cost of a project changes 11%-15% during construction, here at NEDC our budget change rate once your remodel has started is just 3%!
Our process follows a proven 8-step design-build method:
1. Space evaluation – We’ll examine and document the existing architecture of your space, creating a canvas where we can execute your vision
2. Design development – You’ll collaborate with our team as we offer suggestions and solutions for develop house plans, architectural plans, and design drawings, including the following:
Existing Architectural Documentation
Architectural Floor Plan Drawings
Architectural Elevation Drawings
Architectural Detail Sketches
Structural Design Drawings
Interior Design Boards
3. Photo-realistic renderings – Our team sketches the details and produces photorealistic renderings of your new space. This lets you get a sense of your new home before construction begins
4. Materials selection – Together we’ll pick out all the materials needed for your project. We’ll create an itemized summary before construction begins so you can know exactly what costs to expect
5. Pre-construction consultation – You’ll meet with the production team and project manager to cover key information and discuss lines of communication during your add on
6. Weekly meetings with you – Every week during the project you’ll meet with your project manager to cover any coordination points and answer questions
7. Final walk through and wrap up – Once the project is completed, we’ll walk through your together and note any finishing touches. After a few weeks, we’ll come back to gather feedback and provide you with a project binder with all the important documents and information you’ll need in the future
8. Warranty – Finally, in accordance with our 2-year service warranty, we’ll contact you periodically to ensure you’re happy and satisfied
See Our Architectural Design Process in Action
Custom Kitchen Remodel in Jamaica Plain
This updated 1920s kitchen features a modern, comfortable, and family-oriented space with an open floor plan and high-end appliances. Where once the kitchen was closed off, now it opens up into the family room, dining room, and hallway, allowing lots of natural light to fill the space.
See more photos.
Kitchen and Solarium Remodel in Jamaica Plain
This outdated townhouse had a complete transformation. We opened up the circulation, refinished and updated the space, and gutted the kitchen to allow for more natural lighting and flow. The result is a warm, inviting and functional space.
View more photos.
Why Choose NEDC for your Jamaica Plain Home Remodel?
New England Design and Construction (NEDC) is an award-winning and trusted design build firm located in Boston and serving the Jamaica Plain area. We take a customer-focused approach and it shows through our excellent customer references.
Our design-build firm specializes in:
- • Architectural design and home additions
- • Whole home remodeling
- • Kitchen remodeling
- • Bedroom remodeling
Through careful planning and attention to detail, our team creates bright, beautiful, and functional spaces that you and your family can enjoy for years to come.
Meet Our Team
“Dave and his NEDC team executed our project in a highly professional manner. Extremely attentive to customer satisfaction, meeting timelines and presenting multiple options within established budgets. We absolutely love the finished product and would highly recommend NEDC to others especially if you’re interested in having your project well managed from the design concept to completion!”– Rico W.
Experience Award-Winning Architectural Design
“From initial ideas through the completed project, we felt we were dealing with a professional and responsive company throughout. It was a great feature to include both design and build under one umbrella so that any issues that arose during the build phase could be dealt with quickly.” – Joshua P.
Ready to add on to your space?
Call (617) 708-0676 or contact us for your free in-home consultation