New England Design & Construction specializes in designing and building timeless spaces in Arlington that will match perfectly with your modern lifestyle.
Our team of experts is committed to delivering an efficient, responsible, and accountable experience from the start of your project through completion. Our architects know how to design spaces that will actually be built on-time and on-budget – they’ve been doing it for years!
When you choose New England Design & Construction for your home remodel, you’re choosing an architectural design partner who will listen to your goals to create the perfect, expertly-crafted space that brings your vision to life. No matter what you’re looking for – remodeling your entire home, adding space with a home addition, or remodeling a couple rooms – our Arlington architectural design and remodeling experts are here to help.
“Without question this is a 5-star organization. Quality people, quality workmanship and outstanding customer service. NEDC is simply the best at what they do. Trust your home and the improvements you want to make to NEDC.”
– Bill P.
Request your complimentary design consultation
Call us at (617) 708-0676 or contact us
Arlington Architectural Design Process
At New England Design & Construction, we believe in inclusive architectural design. We want your end-result to be a home that’s exactly as you’d imagined it. Not only that, we want you to achieve it in a way that’s stress-free and enjoyable. We’ll be there the entire time to ensure every detail, no matter how small, is handled.
We want you to be as happy with your home as you were with the vision of your space.
Our meticulous planning allows us to control your home remodeling project’s budget with pinpoint precision. Other Arlington design-build firms have project cost change rates of 11%-15%. At NEDC our average budget change rate is just 3% once your project has started!
Our process follows a proven 8-step design-build process:
1. Space evaluation – We’ll examine and document your existing space and its architecture, providing a canvas to fully execute your vision
2. Design development – In collaboration with you, our team will offer suggestions and solutions for developing the perfect house plans, architectural plans, and design drawings, including the following:
Architectural Floor Plan Drawings
Architectural Elevation Drawings
Structural Design Drawings
Interior Design Boards
3. Photo-realistic renderings – We’ll sketch the details and produce photorealistic renderings of your new space, giving you a visualization of your new space before construction even begins
4. Materials selection – Working closely with you, we’ll pick out the materials necessary for your remodeling project. We’ll create an itemized summary before construction begins so you know exactly what everything will cost.
5. Pre-construction consultation – You’ll meet with the production team and your project manager to cover key information and discuss lines of communication
6. Weekly meetings with you – You’ll meet with your project manager on a weekly basis so they can cover any coordination points and answer questions
7. Final walk through and wrap up – Upon completion of the project, we’ll walk through your new place with you and note any finishing touches. After a few weeks, we’ll come back to get feedback and provide you with a project binder containing all the important documents and information you’ll need in the future.
8. Warranty – Finally, in accordance with our 2-year service warranty, we’ll contact you periodically to ensure you’re happy and satisfied
See Our Architectural Design Process in Action
Arlington First Floor Remodel
This homeowner wanted to create a more functional space for their family, which included 2 small children. To open up the space, we removed a butler’s pantry and a wall between the dining area and kitchen. We also reworked the existing “mud room” into more of a landing space for the family to hang and store items. We worked around the existing chimney and steam pipes running through the center of the room by boxing the pipes and creating a chalkboard surface for the artistic children.
View more photos
Custom Kitchen Remodel in the Arlington Area
This updated 1920s kitchen features a modern, comfortable, and family-oriented space with an open floor plan and high-end appliances. Where once the kitchen was closed off, it now opens up into the family room, dining room, and hallway, allowing lots of natural light to fill the space.
View more photos
Why Choose NEDC for your Arlington Home Remodel?
New England Design and Construction (NEDC) is Arlington’s most trusted architectural design and remodeling firm. We’re located in the heart of Boston, serving the entire Arlington and Greater Boston area.
Our design-build firm specializes in:
- • Architectural design and home additions
- • Whole home remodeling
- • Kitchen remodeling
- • Bedroom remodeling
Through meticulous planning and a strong attention to detail, our team creates bright, beautiful, and functional spaces you and your family will enjoy for years to come.
Meet Our Team
“We couldn’t be more delighted with the job New England Design & Construction did on our home renovation. We needed a firm that could deliver a complete design-build experience to suit our busy lives and our firm budget and they did both of these things capably. NEDC ticked off every item on our wish list and respected our desire not to expand our home beyond what was needed to accomplish project goals. The did all this creatively and professionally. What we got was a finished product that captured our style created the perfect home for our family.”
– J. & K. S.
Experience Award-Winning Architectural Design
“The people and staff of NEDC are the best. Because of these quality people the execution of the project and the needed communications are exemplary.”
– W. P.
Ready to reimagine your Arlington home?
Call (617) 708-0676 or contact us for your free in-home consultation