New England Design & Construction specializes in designing beautifully functional spaces for Newton homeowners.
We focus on efficient, responsible, and accountable experience with our concept-to-completion design-build process. Our architectural design experts know what it takes to design a space that can be built on-time and on-budget.
We’ll listen to your vision and goals to create a functional, well constructed space your family will love for decades. Whether you’re looking to remodel your entire house, interested in a home addition, or just sprucing up a couple of rooms, our Newton architectural design and remodeling experts are here to help.
“NEDC is a great choice for a busy working professional. They accommodated my schedule for design appointments and took the time to understand my goals. I felt very comfortable with the lead carpenter and subcontractors and appreciated their focus on minimizing disruption to my condo unit and building. Additionally, their focus on client satisfaction/feedback and continuous improvement is refreshing. Although renovating is not always fun, NEDC helps to make it worth the time, effort, and cost.”
– Liz M.
Request your complimentary design consultation
Call us at (617) 708-0676 or contact us
Newton Architectural Design Process
We take an inclusive approach to architectural design when remodeling homes in Newton, MA. Ensuring your fully realized vision is our primary focus, and we want to make the entire remodeling process stress-free and enjoyable. Our architectural design and remodeling team will be there for you every step of the way, taking care of every little detail from beginning to end
Our meticulous planning lets us control your project’s budget with precision. While other design-build firms have a project cost change rate of 11%-15%, at NEDC our average budget change rate once your remodel has started is just 3%!
Our process follows a proven 8-step design-build method:
1. Space evaluation – We’ll examine and document the existing architecture of your space, creating a canvas where we can execute your vision
2. Design development – You’ll collaborate with our team as we offer suggestions and solutions for developing house plans, architectural plans, and design drawings, including the following:
Architectural Floor Plan Drawings
Architectural Elevation Drawings
Structural Design Drawings
Interior Design Boards
3. Photo-realistic renderings – Our team sketches the details and produces photorealistic renderings of your new space. This lets you see your new home before construction even begins.
4. Materials selection – Together we’ll pick out all the materials needed for your project. We’ll create an itemized summary before construction begins so you’ll know exactly what costs to expect
5. Pre-construction consultation – You’ll meet with the production team and project manager to cover key information and discuss lines of communication
6. Weekly meetings with you – Every week during the duration of the project you’ll meet with your project manager to cover any coordination points and answer questions
7. Final walk through and wrap up – Once the project is completed, we’ll walk through your new place together and note any finishing touches. After a few weeks, we’ll come back to gather feedback and provide you with a project binder containing all the important documents and information you’ll need in the future.
8. Warranty – Finally, in accordance with our 2-year service warranty, we’ll contact you periodically to ensure you’re happy and satisfied
See Our Architectural Design Process in Action
Custom Kitchen Remodel in Newton
We gutted this Newton kitchen and removed a small mudroom to turn this former cramped workspace into the the heart of this family’s home.
From the client: “The planning process gave us an excellent sense of what the final product would look like, and many useful suggestions were made during the planning stage.”
See more photos
First Floor Remodel in the Newton Area
For this Newton area first floor remodel, we took 4 small and closed off rooms and turned them into one open living area. The open kitchen and dining areas now open up into the living space, with the kitchen also opening up to a brand new large deck.
View more photos
Why Choose NEDC for your Newton Home Remodel?
New England Design and Construction (NEDC) is Boston’s trusted, 5 star architectural design and remodeling firm located in Boston and serving the Newton area.
Our design-build firm specializes in:
- • Architectural design and home additions
- • Whole home remodeling
- • Kitchen remodeling
- • Bedroom remodeling
Through careful planning and attention to detail, our team creates bright, beautiful, and functional spaces that you and your family can enjoy for years to come.
Meet our team
“We love our new kitchen created by NEDC! They were patient and very detail oriented. They held our hand when we needed it and we needed it often! We truly appreciated the professionalism of every member of the team and would call them again should we ever decide to undergo another renovation.”
– Charlene S.
Experience Award-Winning Architectural Design
See our full award history!
“From initial ideas through the completed project, we felt we were dealing with a professional and responsive company throughout. It was a great feature to include both design and build under one umbrella so that any issues that arose during the build phase could be dealt with quickly.”
– Joshua Pakstis
Ready to reimagine your Newton home?
Call (617) 708-0676 or contact us for your free in-home consultation