Do you love your home and neighborhood but just don’t have enough space? Whether the result of lifestyle changes or a growing family, many Boston area homeowners want to add space without moving.
At New England Design & Construction, we help Boston homeowners add space and improve their homes through cohesive and functional home additions. With all of our home additions, our architectural designers and remodelers work to ensure your dream space is realized on-time and on-budget.
Our Boston home addition specialists can help you add space through:
- • Kitchens
- • Family rooms
- • Dining rooms
- • Garages
- • Sunrooms
- • Mast suites
- • Much more!
We focus on delivering an efficient, responsible, and accountable concept-to-completion design-build process. Our Boston architects are experts at creating highly-functional and beautiful spaces you’ll be excited to call home for years.
No matter the addition you want to make to your home, the architectural designers and remodelers at New England Design & Construction can help turn your vision into reality.
“Without question this is a 5-star organization. Quality people, quality workmanship, and outstanding customer service. NEDC is simply the best at what they do. Trust your home and any improvements you want to NEDC.”
– Bill P.
Request your complimentary home addition design consultation
Call us at (617) 708-0676 or contact us
The Architectural Design Process for Home Additions
New England Design & Construction delivers an inclusive architectural design and remodeling process. This means fully executing your unique vision in a way that’s always stress-free and enjoyable. Our expert team will be there every step of the way, ensuring everything is taken care of from soup-to-nuts.
Our team will ensure any legal requirements for your home addition are considered and taken care of during the design and construction phases of your home remodel.
Our process follows a proven 8-step design-build method:
1. Space evaluation – We’ll examine and document your existing space and its architecture, providing a canvas to fully execute your vision.
2. Design development – With collaboration from you, our team will offer suggestions and solutions for developing the perfect home addition plans, architectural plans, and design drawings, including the following:
Existing Architectural Documentation
Architectural Floor Plan Drawings
Architectural Elevation Drawings
Architectural Detail Sketches
Structural Design Drawings
Interior Design Boards
3. Photo-realistic renderings – We’ll sketch the details and produce photorealistic renderings of your new space, allowing you to visualize your reimagined home before construction even begins
4. Materials selection – In collaboration with you, we’ll pick out all the materials needed for your home addition. We’ll create an itemized summary before construction begins so you know exactly what everything will cost.
5. Pre-construction consultation – You’ll meet with the production team and your project manager to cover key information and discuss lines of communication
6. Weekly meetings with you – Through the duration of the project you’ll meet with your project manager weekly to cover any coordination points and answer your questions
7. Final walk through and wrap up – Upon completion of the project, we’ll walk through your new place with you and note any finishing touches. After a few weeks, we’ll come back to garner feedback and provide a project binder containing important documents and information you’ll need in the future.
8. Warranty – Finally, in accordance with our 2-year service warranty, we’ll contact you periodically to ensure you’re happy and satisfied with your home addition
Thanks to our attention-to-detail and meticulous planning, we’re able to control your home addition budget with pinpoint precision. The standard project cost change rate with other firms is 11%-15% but at NEDC, our average budget change rate is just 3% once the project has been started!
See Our Architectural Design Process in Action
Two-Story Home Addition and Remodel
For this family we constructed a two-story addition, increasing square footage and creating more usable space in the home. The home remodel and addition included:
- • Four bedrooms
- • Two bathrooms
- • Master suite
- • Pull-out under-stair storage with a wrap-around bench in the entryway
See the entire two-story addition
Why Choose NEDC for your Historic Boston Home Remodel?
New England Design and Construction (NEDC) is Boston’s most trusted architectural design and remodeling firm. Located in the heart of Boston, we serve the entire Greater Boston area.
Our design-build firm specializes in:
- • Architectural design and home additions
- • Whole home remodeling
- • Kitchen remodeling
- • Master suite remodeling
Through meticulous planning and strong attention to detail, our team creates bright, beautiful, and functional spaces you and your family will enjoy for years to come.
Meet Our Team
“New England Design and Construction finished the project on budget and two days early! I was in my new kitchen for Mother’s Day. Every time I step into the kitchen, I am thankful for New England Design and Construction for making my dream become reality. My husband and I can both be in the kitchen, and not be on top of each other! I highly recommend New England Design and Construction, and look forward to hiring them for my next dream project.”
– Stephanie W.
Experience Award-Winning Architectural Design
“If anyone out there is hesitant about hiring the services of NEDC, don’t be. David and his designers, builders, contractors, and office staff are all passionate professionals in what they do. From initial design, to shopping for bathroom fixtures and tiles, to demolition and construction, NEDC stuck to the schedule they provided allowing us to know exactly what was going to happen each week and they communicated with us any issues or changes as they happened. All throughout the project they kept the work area clean and maintained other work areas in the house and cleaned up each day before leaving. The bathroom/bedroom remodel was finished on time and looks amazing! Thanks for a great job!”
– JC B
Ready to reimagine your historic New England home?
Call (617) 708-0676 or contact us for your free in-home consultation