Do you love your neighborhood but your house is no longer meeting your needs? Craving a cohesive design to improve the flow of your home? Maybe you found a home to buy in a neighborhood you love but that’s in need of a complete makeover?
Whether it’s due to changes in your lifestyle, a growing family, or your home simply had a sub-par design when you moved in, a whole home remodel can improve the functionality and livability of your home.
At New England Design & Construction, we help Boston homeowners improve their homes through cohesive and functional whole home remodels. Our architectural designers and remodelers work to ensure your dream space is realized on-time and on-budget.
Our Boston whole home remodel specialists can help you improve your:
- • Kitchen
- • Family room
- • Dining room
- • Garage
- • Basement
- • Bathroom
Our team focuses on delivering efficient, responsible, and accountable concept-to-completion design-build remodeling projects. Our architects are experts at creating functional, beautiful spaces you’ll be excited to call home for years.
“Without question this is a 5-star organization. Quality people, quality workmanship, and outstanding customer service. NEDC is simply the best at what they do. Trust your home and any improvements you want to NEDC.”
– Bill P.
Request your complimentary design consultation
Call us at (617) 708-0676 or contact us
The Architectural Design Process for Whole Home Remodels
New England Design & Construction delivers an inclusive architectural design and remodeling process. Our teams centers our philosophy on delivering your unique vision in a way that’s stress-free and enjoyable.
Our seasoned team of remodeling experts will be there every step of the way, ensuring everything is taken care of. We’ll also ensure any permits or legal requirements for your whole home remodel are considered during the design and construction phases of your home remodel.
Our process follows a proven 8-step design-build method:
1. Space evaluation – We’ll examine and document your existing space and its architecture, providing a canvas to fully execute your vision.
2. Design development – With collaboration from you, our team will offer suggestions and solutions for developing the perfect historic house plans, architectural plans, and design drawings, including the following:
Existing Architectural Documentation
Architectural Floor Plan Drawings
Architectural Elevation Drawings
Architectural Detail Sketches
Structural Design Drawings
Interior Design Boards
3. Historical cohesion – We’ll work with local historical societies to ensure the design conforms to the historical style of the neighborhood
4. Photo-realistic renderings – We’ll sketch the details and produce photorealistic renderings of your new space, allowing you to visualize your reimagined home before construction even begins
5. Materials selection – In collaboration with you, we’ll pick out all the materials needed for your remodeling project. We’ll create an itemized summary before construction begins so you know exactly what everything will cost.
6. Pre-construction consultation – You’ll meet with the production team and your project manager to cover key information and discuss lines of communication
7. Weekly meetings with you – Through the duration of the project you’ll meet with your project manager weekly so they can cover any coordination points and answer questions
8. Final walk through and wrap up – Upon completion of the project, we’ll walk through your new place with you and note any finishing touches. After a few weeks, we’ll come back to garner feedback and provide a project binder containing important documents and information you’ll need in the future.
9. Warranty – Finally, in accordance with our 2-year service warranty, we’ll contact you periodically to ensure you’re happy and satisfied
Thanks to our attention-to-detail and meticulous planning process, we can control your whole home remodel budget with pinpoint precision. The standard project cost change rate with other firms is 11%-15%.
At NEDC, our average budget change rate is just 3% once the project has been started.
See Our Architectural Design Process in Action
Brighton Whole Home Remodel & Addition
This Brighton whole home remodel features reclaimed wood throughout and traditional touches like white Shaker-style cabinets and schoolhouse pendant lights. One of our goals in the space was to add flow and circulation, drawing attention to the stunning remodel.
Work we did with this whole home remodel includes:
- • Creating a master suite, along with a second floor laundry room
- • Masterfully designing an outdoor space
- • Gut-remodeling the kitchen
- • Updating all bathrooms
See the entire whole home remodel.
Why Choose NEDC for your Historic Boston Home Remodel?
New England Design and Construction (NEDC) is Boston’s most trusted architectural design and remodeling firm. Located in the heart of Boston, we serve the entire Greater Boston area.
Our design-build firm specializes in:
- • Architectural design
- • Whole home remodeling
- • Home additions
- • Kitchen remodeling
- • Master suite remodeling
Through meticulous planning and strong attention-to-detail, our team creates bright, beautiful, and functional spaces you and your family will enjoy for years to come.
Meet Our Team
“NEDC is a great choice for a busy working professional. They accommodated my schedule for design appointments and took the time to understand my goals. I felt very comfortable with the lead carpenter and subcontractors and appreciated their focus on minimizing disruption to my condo unit and building. Additionally, their focus on client satisfaction/feedback and continuous improvement is refreshing. Although renovating is not always fun, NEDC helps to make it worth the time, effort, and cost.”
– Liz M.
Experience Award-Winning Architectural Design
“New England Design and Construction finished the project on budget and two days early! I was in my new kitchen for Mother’s Day. Every time I step into the kitchen, I am thankful for New England Design and Construction for making my dream become reality. My husband and I can both be in the kitchen, and not be on top of each other! I highly recommend New England Design and Construction, and look forward to hiring them for my next dream project.”
– Stephanie W.
Ready to reimagine your historic New England home?
Call (617) 708-0676 or contact us for your free in-home consultation