Whole-Home Remodeling with NEDC
Our New England Design and Construction team specializes in whole-home remodeling. We place special emphasis on getting to know you and how you use your space, and we’ll work alongside you to create a design that maximizes your square footage and fits your budget. Popular whole home remodeling projects include:
- Kitchen Remodels: The kitchen truly is the heart of your home. Updating cabinets, countertops, appliances, and more can elevate the entire ambiance of your home and encourage healthy life patterns.
- Master Suite Remodels: Your bedroom should be restful. Refreshing flooring, lighting, closet, and bathroom features give you a truly rejuvenating haven to begin and end each day.
- Bathroom Remodels: Although we think of bathrooms as purely functional, they actually influence our perception of a home enormously. Updating your hall bathrooms and master suite bathrooms lends a touch of elegance to your home and cohesion with other newly updated areas.
- First Floor Remodels: Occasionally our clients opt for only a full first-floor remodel. This can be a great way to completely refresh your home without breaking the bank.
- Addition Remodels: Additions are an excellent way to supplement your home’s usable square footage, particularly to accommodate a home office, extended family members, or guests. It’s essential to partner with an experienced design-builder who can seamlessly match the addition to your current home’s architecture and aesthetic.
- Whole-Home Remodels: Enjoy the special satisfaction of recreating your home as it was meant to be, renewing both the exterior and the interior. At NEDC, we exercise minute attention to every detail, from framing to finishes.
Master Suite Remodels
Whole House Remodeling
First Floor Remodels
Benefits of Remodeling your Whole Home vs. Moving or Building New
Many homeowners reach a point at which their home no longer meets their needs. As time passes and life circumstances evolve, you might find you need more space to accommodate extended family, a different type of space to accomplish personal goals, or simply an aesthetic update to enhance the ambiance.
Whatever your particular situation, a whole home remodel is often a better solution than a move. Moving requires you to give up your location, neighborhood, convenient commutes, and the special memories built in your home over the years–and it often comes with hefty expenses. Remodeling your home, on the other hand, allows you to keep everything you love while enjoying the satisfaction of restoring your home to its full potential.
More Reasons to Choose a Whole Home Renovation
There are many benefits to remodeling your whole home rather than select areas of your home, including:
- Design Continuity: When you update only one area of your home, such as your kitchen, there’s a danger that adjacent rooms will look dated in comparison. A whole-home remodel allows you to ensure design continuity throughout.
- Reimagining Layout: Chances are slim that your needs are the same as those of the first people living in your home. Renovating the entire space allows you to completely reimagine room locations and wall divisions, maximizing the layout according to your needs.
- Best Construction Practices: Renovating the entire home also gives you a chance to update less visible elements like insulation, windows, and doors. Utilizing new construction best practices can reduce your heating and cooling bills and add comfort to your home.
- Aging in Place Features: Finally, remodeling your whole home gives you a unique opportunity to plan for your future. If this is your forever home, think ahead about the design decisions you’ll want later that you can implement now.
Complete Home Remodeling Costs
A typical whole home remodel with NEDC is in the $80,000 – $500,000 range. Our remodeling projects can go as high as $740,000 where exterior renovations and additions are involved on top of whole home gut remodeling, but prices can also be much lower for basic whole home updates. For detailed information on whole-home renovation cost factors, please see our guide on Boston Gut Remodeling Costs for 2021.
Whole-home remodels are an excellent fit for our delivery method. Because there are so many elements of design used in creating the best possible space for your family, our thorough design approach allows us to fully plan your project and provide itemized budgets and construction schedules prior to lifting a finger in the actual construction. This makes our project quotes more accurate in comparison to many of our competitors: whereas the industry standard rate for change orders is approximately 15%, NEDC’s change order rate has been below 3%.
Whole Home Remodel Portfolio: South End
“NEDC did a fantastic job renovating our Boston loft. They helped turn our open loft space into a beautiful new home for me and my husband. Can’t speak highly enough about the work they did. They are very attentive and detail oriented. They also have excellent communication skills. I would highly recommend them to others.”
– A. Wei & S. Shih on Google+
View our Complete Portfolio
Request an In-Home Visit