Whole home architectural design is centered on taking a design-forward approach to your whole home remodel. Layout adjustments are made and multiple rooms are remodeled, improving the flow of your home to create a space that perfectly fits your lifestyle.
At New England Design & Construction, we have a strong track-record of creating designs that work. Our architects, designers, and construction team collaborate seamlessly to deliver projects our customers love.
We invite you to browse our portfolio of whole home architectural design projects to see for yourself just what an architecture-forward design-build process leads to.
“From initial ideas through the completed project, we felt we were dealing with a professional and responsive company throughout. It was a great feature to include both design and build under one umbrella so that any issues that arose during the build phase could be dealt with quickly.”
– Joshua P.
Request your complimentary design consultation
Call us at (617) 708-0676 or contact us
Whole Home Remodel Projects in the Boston Area
Brighton Whole Home Remodel & Addition
With reclaimed wood throughout blended with traditional touches like white shaker style cabinets and schoolhouse pendants, we love how this Brighton whole home remodel turned out.
With this home remodel and addition, we…
- Updated the flow and circulation of the first floor of the home, adding small touches like a new fireplace and mantle to richen the space.
- Created a master suite featuring vaulted ceilings in the master bedroom that connect to a masterfully designed outdoor space, allowing in natural light but retaining privacy.
- Gut-remodeled the kitchen, which is now the focal point of the first floor.
- Updated all bathrooms.
Brookline First Floor And Kitchen Remodel
With this first floor remodel, we took 4 distinct spaces and created an open, flowing space filled with natural light.
This modern first floor layout integrated a living room, dining room, kitchen, and 3-season porch, as well as hallways and entrance-ways. These spaces we’re both updated and reconfigured to work within one another, with seamless transitions between all of the spaces. In addition to these updates, we also incorporated a full bath with geometric tile and clean lines.
Jamaica Plain Kitchen, Solarium, & First Floor Remodel
NEDC transformed the claustrophobic and dark space in this outdated townhouse by opening up the circulation, refinishing and updating the space, and gutting the kitchen.
Some key improvements include:
- Beautiful original brick was brought back to it’s natural exposed condition.
- A built-in banquette was constructed in a solarium, creating a beautiful space and filling the home with natural light.
- A kitchen featuring an oversize island and a modern mix of industrial and eclectic features like wooden drawer pulls, exposed pipe shelf supports, and natural brick.
- A new mudroom with shelving and a perching place to discard muddy boots.
- A small half bath was gutted, with the natural brick again brought to the surface and celebrated, along with plumbing fixtures that better fit the scale of the space.
West Roxbury Whole Home Remodel
This project was started with just a whole home remodel in mind, with an addition eventually being added at the homeowners request. This addition allowed for an expansion of their living room and a half bath to be relocated and expanded between the family room and kitchen.
For this remodel, we:
- Focused on opening up and increasing the circulation space by removing a wall between the traditional family room and the addition and creating high ceilings in the new space.
- Completely remodeled the kitchen, removing a wall between the kitchen and dining area.
- Remodeled the upstairs bathroom.
Whole Home Remodel In The South End
For this whole home remodel, we aimed to create a clean and contemporary design while retaining the home’s integrity and creating a comfortable environment. We removed the ornamental details of this Victorian era home while keeping the bones of the architectural detailing.
In addition, we…
- Re-faced the kitchen and pantry cabinet doors and added push-open hardware to create a cleaner, more minimal look.
- Added open shelving to replace upper cabinets.
- Integrated a waterfall leg in the kitchen island to incorporated more open flow of light.
- Added minimalist features into the bathroom, such as simplistic tile and single lever and wall mount fixtures.
- Turned the dual nursery room into a large office space with push open hardware and a new closet system.
Why Choose NEDC for your Historic Boston Home Remodel?
New England Design and Construction is Boston’s most trusted architectural design and remodeling firm. Located in the heart of Boston, we serve the entire Greater Boston area.
Our architectural-design process is centered on inclusivity and designing a space that’ll be loved for generations. We want you to enjoy the process as much as you love your new space!
Our seasoned team of remodeling experts will be there throughout the entire process.
Our architectural design-build firm specializes in:
- Architectural design
- Whole home remodeling
- Home additions
- Kitchen remodeling
- Master suite remodeling
Through meticulous planning and strong attention-to-detail, our team creates bright, beautiful, and functional spaces you and your family will enjoy for years to come.
Learn more about New England Design & Construction architectural design process.
Experience Award-Winning Architectural Design
“The people and staff of NEDC are the best. Because of these quality people the execution of the project and the needed communications are exemplary.”
– W. P.
Ready to reimagine your historic New England home?
Call (617) 708-0676 or contact us for your free in-home consultation